From Education Dive – A 2016 report by Education Trust entitled “Meandering Toward Graduation: Transcript Outcomes of High School Graduates” states stated that, “Over and over again, educators and policymakers alike mouth the mantra: ALL kids ready for college and careers. But there remains a giant gulf between that rhetoric and the reality of today’s high school graduates. Among recent graduates, fewer than 1 in 10 have taken a foundational set of courses they’d need to be both college- and career-ready. And almost half completed neither a college-prep nor a career-prep course sequence.”In a rapidly-shifting and future-oriented job market, schools need to do a better job of preparing students for what lies ahead. While many high-paying jobs still require college degrees, technical skills and experience are more highly-prized than ever. That is why many companies are seeing the age-old concept of apprenticeships, which is working well in Europe today, as a solution to finding qualified employees. This is also often a solution for students, as well, because it allows them to get the skills and education they need without as much college debt.
January 2, 2018
October 10, 2017
August 29, 2017
Subscribe to our Email List
About 2CPR Group
2CPR Group co-founders Angela Allison and Sean Glumace are passionate about providing services that help people find, thrive, and share in meaningful education and career opportunities.
We work with non-profits, education systems including colleges and K-12 school districts, government agencies, and community organizations bringing our extensive experience in building career pathways with K-12, Community College, university partners, certification providers, and industry professionals.
Our goal is to help our clients navigate these complex systems and have project success.
2CPR Group Supports the CA Film & Television Tax Credit Program – Career Readiness Initiative
- Education Dive – Ed Dept FERPA ruling may signal greater responsiveness to privacy complaints
- Education Dive – One-third of nation’s best high school students don’t finish college
- University Business – Pop-up higher ed courses respond to events in real time
- Education Dive – Manufacturers reach out to high schools for new workers
- Adobe – Learn how digital literacy can elevate your institution
- Assemblymember O’Donnell’s New Bill Brings Vocational/Career Technical Opportunities into the Classroom
- Education Dive – 3 years ago, President Obama first proposed making community college tuition free. Here’s where we now stand.
- Education Dive – Who is the typical college student? You might be surprised
- Education Dive – Florida bill would shake up state’s college system
- March 16-17 National Drone Educators Conference | Aerial Pathways From The Top Down